INFORMACION SOBRE LA CARRERA DE INGENIERIA QUIMICA

14 años 1 semana antes #19135 por Beatrisz
Hola! soy estudiante de segundo de Bachillerato y creo que me encantaría estudiar Ingeniería Química pero nose si al terminar la carrera, esta va a tener muchas salidas, si será muy difícil encontrar trabajo, como suelen ser los salarios....¿alguien me puede aconsejar por favor?

• Nuevo
  • Nuevo

• Gracias recibida:

• Género: Desconocido
  • Fecha de Nacimiento: Desconocido
  • Por favor, Identificarse para unirse a la conversación.

13 años 9 meses antes #19520 por marena
    hooola yo apenas voy a empezar a estudiarla pero es muuuy buena carrera!
    no lo dudes!

• Nuevo
  • Nuevo

• Gracias recibida:

13 años 6 meses antes #20311 por Lobo
    Animo los Ingenieros Quimicos son los mejores rankeados en cuanto a satisfacion profesional, segun el Wall Street

En USA los reclutadores los prefieren de escuelas de gobierno.(State Schools)

provided by
    wsjlogo.gif

Psychology majors might want to put themselves on the couch.

More from WSJ.com:

• Top 25 Colleges Ranked by Recruiters

• College Rankings by Major

• Employers Favor State Schools for Hires

Only 26% of psychology majors are "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their career paths, the lowest in a sampling of popular majors included in a Wall Street Journal study.

The psychology majors the survey captured had a satisfaction rate 14 percentage points lower than the next lowest majors, economics and environmental engineering.

[Click here to find an online degree program]

The survey, which was conducted by PayScale.com between April and June of this year, only included respondents with jobs, but could include people who went on to earn a graduate degree. It included 10,800 workers who got their bachelor's degrees between 1999 and 2010.

Part of the reason for the psych majors' low scores might be that few professions recruit for psychology undergraduate degrees specifically, said R. Eric Landrum, a psychology professor at Boise State University and author of "Finding Jobs with a Psychology Bachelor's Degree." Some young psych majors might be discovering there's not a lot of appetite for their major without a graduate degree, he said.

[Old Jobs Now Require New Skills]

Undergraduate psychology majors who don't go to graduate school tend to move to an unrelated field within a year, said St. Louis-based career counselor Sue Ekberg, a former director of career services for Webster University.

wsj.psych.jpg

In contrast, about 54% of chemical engineering and management information systems majors were satisfied or very satisfied, according to the survey, making them the happiest with their careers. "Engineers tend to proactively choose their career path and can easily find a marketplace for their skills," said New York-based career coach Bettina Seidman.

The PayScale survey was done as part of the Wall Street Journal's Paths to Professions project, which looked at jobs that are satisfying, well-paid and have growth potential. The PayScale survey examined people in a set of jobs that included industries such as health care, finance and government.

Ms. Seidman said that the least satisfied career changers she works with tend to be those who fell into general majors, such as philosophy or African-American studies, and ended up in unrelated fields. When those people apply to jobs outside their majors, she recommends that they don't even put the major on their resumes. "It's not something you want to advertise," she said.

___

• Perry
  • Perry

• Gracias recibida: 9

13 años 3 semanas antes #20835 por erika.n
    Hola, mi nombre es Erika.

Me gustaria estudiar la carrera de Ingenieria Quimica pero necesito que me saquen algunas dudas... A mi me interesa bastante la parte de biotecnologia, y hasta donde entiendo y miro el plan de estudio de esta carrera no incorpora mucho de este tema o mas bien temas relacionados a biologia (obviamente teniendo en cuenta que tengo mucha quimica que es la base de todo). Pero por ej, se podria hacer un posgrado en biotecnologia luego? En ese caso no se si me conviene mas hacer bioquimica y luego biotecnologia o ing quimica y el posgrado. Mis dudas es cual de las 2 carreras me sirva mejor como base para luego orientarme mas que nada a la biotecnologia.

Agradezco sus opiniones!

• Nuevo
  • Nuevo

• Gracias recibida: