GUIA EGEL CENEVAL IQ 2010

13 años 9 meses antes #19587 por Lobo
Respuesta de Lobo sobre el tema Re:GUIA EGEL CENEVAL IQ 2010
En USA el examen profesional PE se toma despues de 4 años de experiencia ingenieril

y hay la tendencia a desparecerlo y substituirlo por un programa de educacion continua de 30 años. Debido a la velocidad con la que cambia la ingenieria.
Suerte

Anexo copia del AICHE

Professional Engineering Licensure

Learn more about Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) for Licensure. Find out about the eight areas that can be pursued to earn CPC credit.

Visit the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) for test dates for future years.

What is a PE?
A Professional Engineer (PE) is an engineer that has been licensed by a state. The license symbolizes that the engineer has completed certain training and has demonstrated a specific degree of competency in a field of engineering.

Why should I get a PE?
From a career management perspective there is one reason to get a PE—it may open the door to a job opportunity for you in the future.

Currently, there are some jobs that only a PE can do:

* Only a PE can prepare, sign and seal, and submit engineering plans and drawings to a public authority for approval, or seal engineering work for public and private clients.
* Some states require that individuals teaching engineering or engineering design courses are licensed.
* If you are pursuing a career as a private practitioner, the PE designation could prove invaluable, and will be required if you advertise and provide engineering services to the public.
* Some government agencies require that certain higher level engineers are licensed.

Looking at the issue from the perspective of a potential employer, if two or more candidates for a job are all equally qualified, but one has a PE, that candidate may stand out.

What is the process for becoming a PE?
The four general requirements for becoming a PE are:

1. Graduation from an accredited engineering curriculum
2. Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE)
3. Four years of engineering experience
4. Successful completion of the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam (PPE)

How can I prepare for the PE exam?

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (the organization that administers the exam) offers study materials.
AIChE member Bob Katin, PE, offers a prep course -- both in person and by correspondence. Contact Bob at Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo..
Check out Great Lakes Press resources.

(The above are not intended as endorsements by AIChE.)

Do all states have the same requirements?
Most do—in order to aid reciprocity. However, several vary from the general pattern for local reasons. State-by-state variations are possible, because licensure laws are exclusively under the control of the individual state legislatures.

What if I want to be licensed in several states?
Most states allow an engineer licensed in one state to become licensed, without further examination, as long as the requirements of the state that originally granted licensure at least equal their minimum standards. The actual process, documentation, requirements, etc. can vary from state to state.

How do I find out what my state's requirements for licensure are?
To learn more about professional registration and CPC requirements in your state, contact your state's board of licensure. The following web sites have links to each state's board as well as other information on professional licensure.

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering & Surveying (NCEES) www.ncees.org
The National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) www.nspe.org
Great Lakes Press on-line resources www.glpbooks.com/catalog.html

Do I have to take courses in order to renew my license?
Currently, 19 states have Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) rules in effect for relicensure. Each state maintains their own requirements but they all follow the same general pattern—again for reciprocity. The general requirement is 15 professional development hours (PDHs) per year. PDHs can be acquired for

• Perry
  • Perry

• Gracias recibida: 9

• Género: Desconocido
  • Fecha de Nacimiento: Desconocido
  • Por favor, Identificarse para unirse a la conversación.

13 años 9 meses antes #19593 por Lobo
    En amazon tambien puedes encontrar el sigiente material de estudio para presentar el FE y el PE como puedes ver son caros. Te recomiendo mejo el sitio oficial que pone los examenes.

www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-Engineering-...-NCEES/dp/1932613196

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19597 por Lobo

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19601 por Lobo

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19605 por Lobo
    Anexo info de Eng Tips

20 Nov 08 13:09
    Dear Eng-Tipers,

I would like to know opinions regarding the suitability of the Chemical Engineering Reference Manual, by either of two authors, for the PE Exam?

The authors are:

1. Michael R. Lindeburg

2. Randall N. Robinson

Regards and TIA.

Thank dogtop
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

Helpful Member!rbcoulter (Chemical)
    21 Nov 08 9:23
    Use the NCEES exam practice books at www.ncees.org .
    These are the people that make the exam.

Thank rbcoulter
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

dogtop (Chemical)
    21 Nov 08 10:08
    Thanks. That's good for examples and worked solutions.
    I still need a Reference Manual. Any opinions?
    TIA

Thank dogtop
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

Helpful Member!rbcoulter (Chemical)
    21 Nov 08 14:37
    Again. Your best reference manual is the FE handbook (yes it's good for the PE exam also) provided free of charge in PDF format at:

www.ncees.org/exams/study_materials/fe_handbook/

Thank rbcoulter
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

Helpful Member!jwysmooth (Chemical)
    21 Nov 08 15:57
    My opinion, (and you know what they are like)do lots of practice problems. I used the Robinson book to during my practice to learn how to do the problems, it was good, but I don't know about the Lindeburg book.

The references I took for to the exam make very little difference, because I hardly used them. I may have referred to them 2 or 3 times during the test. Most of the questions had all the information you needed stated in the problem.

Advice...during my practice exams, I would read all 10 problems available for the morning portion and rate them A, B or C. A's were for those problems I knew I could do in 30 minutes or so, B's were those that might take an hour, but I was pretty sure I could do them, C's I didn't want to touch, they took too long. Then I would do all 10 problems and time each one. During the checking stage not only would I check my answeres, I would check my preliminary rating. You will learn to evaluate the exam questions very quickly. When I took my actual test, I spent the first 15 minutes just reading the questions and rating them. I think I ended up with four A's, three B's and three C's. I used the same procedure for the afternoon, multiple choice section.

It worked, I made a 93 on the exam.
    Good luck,
    jwy

Thank jwysmooth
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

greenche (Chemical)
    1 Dec 08 18:20
    I used the Lindeburg book, but have not seen the Robinson book for comparison. There is definitely value in having a reference book with a good index. If you get one of these books to use, you should use it as your reference when solving practice problems to become familiar with it so you can find something you need during the exam quickly.

jwy, it sounds like the exam format for chemical has changed since you took it. It is currently 80 questions (40 morning/40 afternoon), all multiple choice. I used a similar strategy of rating the difficulty of questions, skipping ones I felt were more difficult, and then come back to them later if I had extra time.

Thank greenche
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

dogtop (Chemical)
    2 Dec 08 9:30
    Thanks a lot to ALL for the suggestions, comments, and references.
    It is time to burn the candlelight!
    Thanks again.

Thank dogtop
    for this valuable post!

Inappropriate post?
    If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
    area for this forum!

skearse (Chemical)
    12 Dec 08 11:06
    I took the exam one of the first years they went to the all muliple choice format. When I took the exam I looked around for a review course, and there's not a whole lot out there. I ended up using these guys: www.pelicense.org/chemdesc.html and have to say it was very helpful. It's self-paced, so it takes some discipline, but when I got to the exam, I have to say that compared to the study materials the tst was a piece of cake.

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19617 por Lobo
    ¿Por que no juntan los dos post?Si alguien tiene el egel IQ sin resolver de cualesquier año deberia subirlo y entre todos como equipo resolver los problemas en el foro. Normalmente son parecidos todos los años. Nos ilustrarian a todos.
    Suerte

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19618 por Lobo
    Les recomiendo se unan al AICHE students, ademas de quimica aprenderan ingles

www.aiche.org/Students/

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19619 por Lobo

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19668 por Lobo
    Respuesta de Lobo sobre el tema Re: GUIA EGEL CENEVAL IQ 2010
    Resumen de materias de tronco comun en ingenieria, sirve para dar un repaso de lo que en USA
    llaman Fundamentals of Engineering. Y presentan examen sobre estos temas
    Suerte
    www.4shared.com/document/OewKkwMH/Fundam...f_Engineering_Su.htm

• Perry
  • Perry

13 años 9 meses antes #19669 por Lobo
    Respuesta de Lobo sobre el tema Re: GUIA EGEL CENEVAL IQ 2010
    Lo miso, pero 4a edicion el otro fue la 5a
    Suerte

www.4shared.com/get/qzAEXLNB/Fundamental..._Engineering_-_.html

• Perry
  • Perry

• El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: YonnyRgz

Por favor, Identificarse para unirse a la conversación.